Tuesday 24 January 2017

The collection is growing!

I am officially super excited! An ebay auction for the France 1946 Airmail set by Gandon just finished and I won it for US $4.25, which I think is pretty good value.


***

But that's not all. Today I also won an auction for a France 1945 set, which includes all of the Marianne de Gandon definitives and the two other regular stamps he engraved that year.



***

And to top it all off, while browsing yesterday, I found a set of Buy It Now 1945 large format Marianne de Gandon's with a couple of the stamps bearing ink flaws for just a few dollars. At least I think they are ink flaws.



So right at this time I am one very happy camper! Suffice to say I won't be doing much in the way of spending now for a couple of weeks!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hello, congratulations for another interesting blog! The prices are very good, I'm so glad for you, but also for people who share our hobby, having some new sources to inform about great engravers. Best regards, Catalin

    ReplyDelete